Kids Day–Saturday, April 22 from 9am-12pm
1223 Columbia Drive, Decatur
Kids Day brings together a number of environmental groups, recycling partners and corporate partners to provide interactive and educational activities for kids. The purpose of the event is to mobilize kids throughout Metro Atlanta to actively engage in recycling and reusing items that will ultimately benefit the environment. Kids Day is focused on recycling, materials management and how to live a sustainable lifestyle.
Are You a Vendor Interested in Getting Involved?
We are inviting local vendors to participate in this year’s Kids Day. Each vendor/organization will have the opportunity to discuss and demonstrate specifically what they are doing to protect the environment through an interactive activity. During the event, the public is encouraged to bring any unused items that CHaRM accepts from home, work and/or school to recycle at the event. Leading up to the event, we work with local schools to get students involved in contests and additional educational opportunities. If you are interested in getting your company/group involved for an interactive booth activity on Kids Day, sign up below.
Student/School Involvement Opportunities
Leading up to this year’s Kids Day, we are inviting local schools to get students involved in contests and additional educational opportunities. We have outlined various ways that your school can actively engage your students in Kids Day. Below are a list of various ways that your school can actively engage your students in Kids Day.
*If your school is interested in having Live Thrive provide transportation from your school/class to Kids Day CLICK HERE.
Plastic Bottle Collection Contest for Local Schools Sponsored by Coca-Cola Bottling Company United, Inc.
Live Thrive is holding a plastic bottle collection contest for schools in the Metro Atlanta area. Teachers can sign their individual class or entire school up to collect plastic bottles for a 2-week period to be dropped off and recycled at CHaRM. Depending on the quantity of plastic bottles collected, CHaRM may do pick-ups for schools during the collection period.
The winner will be the class/school with the highest weight amount of plastic bottles by the end of the 2-week period. The winner of the contest will receive a Captain Planet Foundation Learning Garden for their school.
Additional cash prizes will be awarded to STEM, STEAM and Environmental groups to further their educational efforts within their school.
Eligible grades: K-12th
T-Shirt Design Contest
- Live Thrive’s T-Shirt Design Contest calls for pictures drawn by kids illustrating the importance of reuse and recycling. The winner will have their design printed on t-shirts for their class.
- Participants are encouraged to explore topics related to:
- Recycling, reusing items, environmental awareness, composting and trash to treasure.
- Illustration details:
- Each drawing must be submitted no larger than 8.5 x11. The illustration must be created by hand using crayons, watercolors, any type of paint, colored pencils, or markers.
- Entries will be judged based upon: originality and creativity, colorful artwork, drawings and form, relevance to and incorporation of theme.
- Submission Details
- All entries must be received by March 31, 2023
- Mail your illustration and application to Peggy Whitlow Ratcliffe – 3901 Whittington Dr. | Atlanta, GA 30342
- The winner will be announced during our Kids Day event on Earth Day, April 22nd 2023! One winner will be selected from Elementary, Middle and High School. The winners will receive t-shirts with their design on it for their homeroom class.